Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Web 2.0

web 2.0

There are some things about the internet that I really like. And there are some things about the internet that I occasionally find strange and slightly overwhelming and oh-god-don't-go-over-there-never-go-over-there! Historically, intense social networking/"microblogging" sites like twitter and tumblr have fallen more into the latter category than the former, for me. I know, I'm so "web 1.0," right? Well this grandpa has finally decided to take a step off his rocker and see what all the fuss is about! I've started a tumblr account, where I'll likely mostly be posting links to songs I'm listening to and quick computer sketches, and a twitter account, where I'll be doing... whatever it is you do on twitter. Feel free to friend me if you have either of those yourself! I'm not entirely used to this sort of stuff, but I'm honestly going to try to give it a shot. Let me know if you have any advice! Heh.

Also, speaking of people and the internet, I've been meaning to post a link to Denis St. John's submission to the Public Domain Superhero Project for Panel to Panel Magazine, which he recently put online. I don't know about you, but it looks pretty frickin' cool to me. I've also been meaning to make another addition to my People You Should Know series...


How cool is Katherine Roy? So cool she farts lush, beautiful drawings without thinking! So cool she recently got accepted for a spring residency at the Vermont Studio Center! She's got strong opinions on 19th century literature, and taught me pretty much everything I know about book binding. Keep an eye on her, because I'm fairly certain she's going to accomplish some pretty huge things before all is said and done. http://caterpillarpublishing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment