Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Spider-Man Hates Weddings!

Amazing_131

Saw this Spider-Man cover while bagging comics at work the other day, and instantly felt compelled to redraw it, if perhaps only for the pun. "With this ring, I do thee web?!" - hilarious! I'd submit it to the Covered blog, but it turns out they've already done this cover. Plus, I think my version kept a bit too close to the original. Oh well! Original cover by Gil Kane, who is a genius, and Spider-Man and all that stuff is owned by Marvel Comics, in case you didn't know.

I feel a bit bad for having fallen behind on the twice-a-month blogging schedule I'd had going for awhile, but I was away end of last month visiting Nick Patten, Ryland Ianelli and Beth Hetland! All three of whom are frickin' fantastic human beings, and who it was a total blast to see. It was fun having a chance to just wander around Chicago for a bit too. Beth even made a blog post about it! (I'm hiding in the dark in the picture at the bottom, 'cause that's what I do)

A couple other quick things: Steve Bissette recently posted a preview of his inks of my pencils for the N-Man collaboration we've been working on for the last little while. It's extremely exciting to watch this thing take shape - hopefully we'll have more for you some time soon. In the meanwhile, however, turns out SPX is this weekend! I won't be there physically, but I will be attending in spirit through my contribution to Lies Grown-Ups Told Me, which will be debuting at the show. Pick it up from Jen Vaughn, Nomi Kane or Caitlin M at table C6, if you're attending!

2 comments:

  1. Josh, while I approve of your spider-man drawing, I must say his 'webbing' looks sort of creepy... Most notedly in the fact that it is a liquid that appears to originate at his crotch...

    Now I may be an old fashioned kind of hobo, but I think you should draw Nicolaj Tesla more...

    Love, C4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I based the "liquid-y" look of the webbing off of the original! Although the crotch part might have been my own addition...

    Either way, the wedding was ruined.

    ReplyDelete